Thursday, October 25, 2012

Stop! Don't Rake...

I love the smell of burning leaves. When I was young I lived in a small town and burning things was sort of normal practice. Whenever I smell burning wood or leaves those memories come back to me.

I was driving down my street the other day and saw numerous people raking their leaves. I sometimes wonder why anyone would go through such trouble. Keep in mind, I am very lazy and like to do things the easy way.

Pear leaves on the turf, natures fertilizer!

Mowing the lawn is not one of my favorite things to do. That is hard to admit, I love being outside, but I can't help but look at my mower with disdain. One thing that has become currently fashionable for lawn mowers is a mulching style mower as opposed to the bagging mowers. This is great, mulching grass clippings back into the yard is very green, as those clippings break down and become natural fertilizer!

So why not do the same with our leaves? Heck, you can cut your lawn and make those pesky leaves disappear at the same time, while feeding your yard those leaf bits. It is mother natures fertilizer, and we get to spend more time sitting on the porch, and less time running a leaf blower!

So stop raking and enjoy a nice relaxing hour outside! Lots of exciting things coming up in the near future, stay rooted and I will see you outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment