Friday, March 21, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Parade... Green?

St. Patrick's Day is by far one of my favorite holidays. It is one of the few holidays I personally believe you can make it whatever you want to be, and be whatever you want to be... I consider it as a time to celebrate my friends, family, just to share some simple smiles and laughs together.

Much to our surprise Monday morning when we returned we found a huge mess leftover from the St. Patrick's Day Parade. In fact, it was the largest amount of trash I have ever seen on the ground. We removed multiple bags of cans, bottles, candy wrappers, and confetti streamers.

I must have missed a really good time...

It was very clear that we were overwhelmed. We even attempted at using our leaf vacuum to remove the stuff that to do by hand, would have taken days...

The very next day I received an E-mail from my boss that fellow blogger, and S.C.C. President Ron Chesbrough, is coming out to give us a hand, and many other faculty and staff had also volunteered to help. And help they did, they removed a huge pile of bags of trash and allowed me an audience to tell bad jokes to.
Volunteers making campus a little greener...

The teamwork and sense of community here at S.C.C. is really something special and never ceases to amaze me. Thank you to Al Koehler, my manager, who is always open minded and a problem solver, to Ron Chesbrough for never fearing loosening your tie to play in the dirt with us, and everyone that helped to make us a little Greener after St. Patrick's Day! See you outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment