Thursday, April 17, 2014

SCC Mo-hawks...

Technically we are the Cougars, but hopefully we will welcome a couple of mo-hawks around campus for a day...

If you talk a walk through the main hallway of the Social Science building, you will see a wall with hanging portrait photographs. These are portraits of faculty that have recieved the "Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching"  Among these you will find Darren Osburn. Darren Osburn has been a SCC Associate Professor since 2006 and is one of the most passionate and amazing resources we have on campus. His list of awards and declarations are so long I would need to devote an entire blog post to them... As if that wasn't enough, he is also a great human being. So what can we do to thank him... embarrass him!!!!

Darren Osburn, Say goodbye to that hair!

Darren Osburn has started a St. Baldrick's Fundraiser Team. The St. Baldrick's Foundations is a volunteer-driven charity committed to funding the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long, healthy lives.

Darren has promised to shave his head if he reaches $500, but sweetened the deal by offering to sport a mo-hawk if he reached $1000 by April 26th! " I have an important meeting on the 28th, so this is really your chance to embarrass me while fighting cancer..." - Darren Osburn

So I decided to join Darren's Team, and if he does raise $1,000 or more, and I can't believe I am going to type this, I too will sport a mo-hawk on April 28th...

See you outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment